The Grants Management Services team is structured to facilitate expeditious processing by a linear process flow. Our team includes:
- Intake & Data Coordinators - responsible for monitoring and processing all incoming email correspondence to the central email, coordination of files and award data entry.
- Grant Analysts- responsible for the review and processing of a specific subset of grant proposals including: National Science Foundation (NSF), NIH R03s, R21s, Ks, Pittsburgh Foundation as well as review and processing of final invention statements, relinquishing statements, and certain no-cost extensions.
- Subaward Officers- responsible for drafting and issuing outgoing subawards.
- Subaward Coordinator - responsible for processing amendments, FFATA reporting, and finalizing the execution of subaward agreements.
- Grants & Contract Officers - responsible for review and processing of all grant-related proposals not processed by the Grant Analysts. They are also responsible for the review and negotiation of all grant agreements and awards for this team.
The Grants Management Services team, similar to the other two processing teams of the Office of Sponsored Programs, allocates work on a constituency basis. Each department is assigned multiple members of our team, who are responsible for the review, processing, and negotiation of all grant-related proposals, awards and agreements. This approach allows each member of our team to become familiar with the departments he/she is responsible for and the specific types of research these departments conduct. Likewise, this distribution of assignments builds rapport between the faculty, departmental research administrators and our Grants Management Team.