Once the MyFunding Award record (or Modification of that record) is approved by the Dean’s area, and the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) has obtained a fully-executed award (or modification), OSP will activate the MyFunding Award record and notify Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA) to create an account. Once SPA creates an account, expenses can be charged to that project in accordance with the sponsor's requirements and allowable costs.
Prior to account activation, OSP requires:
- Confirmation that an IP Assignment Agreement is on file with the Innovation Institute for all required personnel;
- Completion of COI disclosures and training modules, as applicable;
- COI approval, if potential conflicts are identified;
- Completed and signed COI CITI Training Table;
- Current IRB approval, IACUC approval, Congruency Review, etc., if applicable;
- Pitt IT determination, if applicable;
Please note that OSP will not authorize an Advance Account for agreements processed by the Federal Contracts Services Team. Please see the Federal Contracts FAQ for more information.