Before you approach potential sponsors, have you:
- Thoroughly researched your proposed topic?
- Identified your potential competition?
- Drafted a concept paper? It addresses your skills and competencies, identifies the problem, sketches an attainable set of outcomes at a reasonable cost, and establishes a reasonable timeline for accomplishing the scope of work.
- Preliminarily identified potential sponsors, based on congruence ("fit") of sponsor's mission or philosophy with your intended project?
- Shared the draft concept paper with a knowledgeable peer or faculty mentor, to obtain an objective critique?