After you submit your proposal, if the sponsor is considering funding your project, they may enter into negotiations regarding the scope and price of the potential agreement. The Federal Contract Services Team refers to these negotiations as the Pre-award Revisions stage (known as Just-in-Time, or JIT, in MyFunding). All pre-award revisions for federal contracts must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Sponsored Programs per the instructions found in the “Processing a Just-In-Time Request” Quick Guide.
The department / PI is typically responsible for submitting the pre-award revision response to the sponsor. The Office of Sponsored Programs will provide authorized signatures and an Endorsement Letter, when applicable.
Sponsor requests covered under pre-award revisions may include:
- Business and Technical Questions
- Best and Final Offer (BAFO)
- Final Proposal Revisions (FPR)
- Representations and Certifications
- Certificates of Current Cost or Pricing Data
- Office of Sponsored Programs provides signature on the certificates
- All subcontractors must provide signed certificates prior to OR signature
- Small Business Subcontracting Plans
- Lobbying Disclosure Forms
- Protection of Human Subjects Assurance Identification / IRB Certification / Declaration of Exemption (Common Rule) Form