Non-financial Agreements


Non-financial agreements (confidential disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, data use agreements) may require formal amendment to change the terms of these agreements if the assumptions under which these agreements were negotiated have changed.  Some of the most common amendments by type of agreement are included below:

Confidential disclosure agreements: addition to the definition of confidential information being disclosed

Material transfer agreements: extension of the term of the MTA to permit continued use of the research material, change in scope of work, addition of research materials

Data use agreements: extension of the term of the DUA to permit continued use of the data set, augmentation to the data set to be shared/received

Procedure to Initiate Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) Review:

To formally amend a non-financial agreement, please submit an amendment request using the MyRA system following the steps outlined in this help document.