Before an award can be accepted by the University of Pittsburgh, the Office of Sponsored Programs completes a comprehensive review of the award, which includes reviewing the terms and conditions.
Examples of the most common terms and conditions of an award that require negotiation include:
- Terms that prohibit publication of the results of the project
- Terms that require assignment of copyright
- Terms that do not allow the University to own the data from the project
- Terms that address indemnity for the project
- Terms that address confidentiality
- Terms that are inconsistent with University policies
- Terms that are inconsistent with government regulations
- Non-standard patent and/or licensing terms
During contract negotiations, the OSP Specialist will update MyRA with information related to the negotiation process.