The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) Federal Contract Services team is responsible for assuring that proposals submitted for external funding and awards made to the University via the federal contract funding mechanism meet sponsor and University requirements. Services offered include:
- Clarification of sponsor and University requirements for sponsored research funding.
- Final pre-submission proposal review (including Midstream Proposals) for accuracy of budget components (including rates, such as fringe benefits and indirect costs), compliance verification with University policies & procedures and sponsor guidelines, and Institutional signature. All proposals for external funding must be reviewed and approved by OSP prior to submission to the sponsor.
- Specialized assistance for solicitations (a.k.a. Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Awards (RFAs), Request for Quotes (RFQs)) and Pre-Award Revision submissions (a.k.a. Business and Technical Questions, Best and Final Offer (BAFO), and Final Proposal Revisions (FPRs)). All Pre-Award Revision submissions must be reviewed and approved by OSP prior to submission to the sponsor.
- Negotiation and acceptance of awards from federal contracts (as well as modifications). All award amendments/modifications must be negotiated by the appropriate Federal Contract Services team member.
- Collaboration with other central administrative offices, such as Sponsored Projects Accounting, Purchasing Services, Innovation Institute, Risk Management, and Office of University Counsel, on issues involving specialized subject matter.
- Issuance and negotiation of all non-financial agreements related to a federal contract award, such as material transfer agreements, confidentiality / nondisclosure agreements, data use agreements, etc.
- Assistance with select post-award matters such as prior approvals, budget revisions, no-cost extensions, and third party agreement issuance.
The Federal Contract Services team is comprised of six team members who are responsible for specific tasks depending upon the required action. Each Officer has a designated departmental constituency; please refer to the Team Assignments and the Find Your Office of Sponsored Programs Contacts feature on our home page.
The Federal Contract Services team is responsible for processing all actions related to:
- Proposals that may result in a federal contract or a subcontract under a prime federal contract
- Proposals that may result in an Other Transaction Agreement (OTA) or a subcontract under an OTA
- Awards in the form of federal contracts, OTAs, or subcontracts under a federal contract or OTA
- Nonfinancial agreements related to proposals for federal contracts / OTAs or awarded federal contracts / OTAs